Wednesday 25 July 2012

Şemspare - by Elif Shafak

[Şemspare - Elif Shafak]
[finished as a bedside book]

It opens doors to the other crucial authors, poets and their books.


I bought the book from D&R without having a look inside it in a great excitement and when I went home I was disappointed because I don't like reading essays. However, I had bought it and had to read it. I didn't like all of the essays but I was delighted to read the ones about authors and intellectual people. She writes about some authors and poets who I haven't heard of or I haven't read a book by yet like Manuel Puig, Furruğ Ferruhzad, Thomas Mann, Emile Zola, Borges, Stephen Greenbalt, Samuel Beckett, Sylvia Plath and so on. Right now, To be Shakespeare by Stephen Greenbalt, Germinal by Emile Zola and the article J'Accuse by Emile Zola are in my LIST TO READ.

Şemspare'yi D&R raflarına konur konmaz, hiç içine bakmadan büyük heyecanla almıştım ama eve gidince hayal kırıklığına uğradım, çünkü ben deneme okumayı sevmiyorum. Kitabı almıştım ve okumalıydım. Yazdığı tüm denemeleri beğenmedim ama yazarlar ve entellektüeller hakkında olanları zevkle okudum. Denemelerde benim henüz adını duymadığım ya da duyduğum fakat hiç kitabını okumadığım yazarlar ve şairler vardı. Mauel Puig, Furruğ Ferruhzad, Thomas Mann, Emile Zola, Borges, Stephen Greenbalt, Samul Beckett, Sylvia Plath ve daha pek çoğu gibi. Stephen Greenbalt'ın Shakespeare Olmak ve Emile Zola'nın Germinal adlı kitaplarını ve yine Emile Zola'nın Suçluyorum adlı makalesini okuma listeme koydum bile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment