Tuesday 26 June 2012

Morning Glory

Can someone tell Becky to take off her dull suits, please? They're killing me!


It is really amusing to see how a mother can describe her daughter's dreams or creativity in different ages. Becky's mother says "Your dreams were adorable when you were eight, inspiring when you were eighteen but they are embarrassing when you are twenty eight." I thought it was unfair to hear them from one's mother's mouth. However, the character Becky irritates me. It is fine that she has dreams and utterly excited about them, but she doesn't have self-confidence when she wears, talks and walks. She shows us how miserable a person can be.

There being other women who don't wear suits, I think there isn't a dress code in IBS, down there. Then why does she wear those dull suits all the time? The only time she wears something pretty is when she goes to NBS for an interview. She is wearing a beige dress, pink heels, a blue scarf and nice-soft make-up. It is the last scene where she finds herself. I am sure if the movie went on after that scene, we would see her in more colorful and elegant clothes.

However, I have to confess that I admire her determination to save "Daybreak". Well, she succeeds in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment